Sunday 18 March 2007

Separate beds

Due to my postings about toe jam and continual carrying round of a clipboard, to note down an amusing or witty comments - we are sleeping in separate beds and it was lovely. I had the best night's sleep I have ever had, no gagging as he breaks wind for the fiftieth time, no pulling the quilt back, no feeling winded as his arm falls heavily on my chest - nothing but blissful sleep. I don't think he snored either, he looked like a cute little baby all alone in that king size bed, spread out, taking all of it up and better still......

He woke up in a good mood! So separate beds it is!

2 comments:

emily bishop said...

I've always been suspicious of separate beds - the thin end of the wedge - but when we were on holiday in America last year, most standard rooms even in motels come with two double beds. It was great. No getting edged onto the last two inches of the mattress, too far away to be disturbed by his snoring, able to lie on my other side which I can't usually because I have a thing about breathing in other people's carbon dioxide......bliss. What a shame our house isn't big enough to do it at home.

juliateacher said...

He woke up this morning a different man. If I'd known it would only take the move to separate beds to see him smile in the morning, I'd have done it years ago.
Hoping the 18 year old will leave home then I can have a separate bedroom!