Friday 30 March 2007

Writing....

I was 1992 runner-up of Cosmo's New Writer of the Year - the article they published was totally fictious - it was about living as a girly student in a house of blokes (real life I was married with a two year old and expecting my second child - who actually dropped into the world, six weeks before my second years exams!)
I then got myself a Literary Agent, and usual story never quite made it - well when I look back, it was a novel about a girl who had to resort to working as a phone line worker who fell in love with Clive the hunchback dwarf who ran this perverted underground world but on realising her daughter would not get the life she deserved - she burnt the building down, destroying the sex-line industry and Clive! Who dies in the blaze... (erm......)
I got my agent at the same time as Martina Cole (Darley Anderson), she made it - I didn't - teaching kind of got in the way, in a lovely way of course!

3 comments:

Ronan said...

Wow!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=8-)[--{

juliateacher said...

Thanks, I had a few short stories published too but haven't written any fiction for ages, I've been working on something with the other half which we started last summer.

Jazminwilss said...

It is nice to view this blog...
Regards
Jazmin Wilss